In Chapter 3 (Sitting with Awareness), Meghan invites Lucia over for a Sunday afternoon lunch: Pat’s famous pot roast, or as Simone calls it, Posh Roast. It’s a new spin on a classic stick-to-your-ribs recipe.
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time5 hr
- Total Time5 hr 30 min
- Yield8 - 10 Servings
For the saute
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and chopped (about 7 carrots)
- 1 ¼ cups celery, chopped (about 3 stalks)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
For the slow-cooker
- 32-oz. low-sodium beef or vegetable broth
- 5-oz. bottle of Tad McBride Sauces Samurai Sauce*
- 5 cups diced potatoes, peeled and ½-inch thick (about 8 medium potatoes)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 lbs. uncooked stew beef
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Add onion, carrots and celery. Sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
Transfer the sautéed mixture to the slow cooker.
Add broth, Tad McBride Sauces Samurai Sauce, potatoes and paprika. Stir well.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix thoroughly in slow cooker.
Add enough water to cover all the vegetables.
Optional: Add uncooked beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces (if added, ensure all meat and vegetables are covered by the liquid).
Turn on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
Kristy Ketterman June 10, 2020 (7:56 pm)
Sounds yummy! I might try this one soon.